Monday, October 17, 2011

Clean Up Your Act!!

Hi cheesy bloggers!  Angela@BeggingTheAnswer here with this week's theme: Clean up your act!!!

Last week I wrote a post on my own blog about how I loathe, dread, and detest cleaning bathrooms.  Really, who WANTS to spend time on their hands and knees scrubbing pee stains out of the floor?

I've also posted in the past about the world's stupidest infomercial.  Yes, the Smart Mop people suggest wiping up a spilled soda with the smart mop, then wringing the mop into a glass so you can continue drinking the same soda.  Don't believe me?  Take a look!


And today I have another take on the idea of cleaning: Cleaning up my language.

The other day I was driving home from Preschool when I got cut off by some guy driving one of those large white utility van.

"GOD DAMMIT!" I cried. "WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING YOU DICKHEAD."  Suddenly I hear a small voice piping up from the back seat.

"Mommy? What's that?" asked my three-year-old.

"What's what?" I said quietly.

"What's that you said?  What's dickhead?"

"CRAP," I thought, fortunately not out loud.

"Ummmm...." I told her, "It just not something nice to say.  Mommy was angry."

NOW WHAT?

I've tried various attempts at "Hey, you..... (please don't swear) YOU!" or "Aww... Shi....uhhhh...mmmm.."  But nothing sticks.

So I'm looking for a "replacement" swearword.  Something benign. "Oh, hamburgers?" "Oh, pineapple?"  "You inconsiderate person?"

Any suggestions?

*     *     *

So, now it's your turn!  Clean up your act!  Send us posts about cleaning.  Your favorite or least favorite chore.  Your attitude towards housework.  Or is there something about yourself that needs "cleaning up" (like my potty-mouth)?  Let us know!  Link up below, or email cheesybloggers@gmail.com to be one of our weekly feature posters.