Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How to be greedy and selfish - Not bad, but not great

Hello!  Today I have this week's very first response to our "I gotta quit being so selfless" quiz.  Like Cosmo, but WAY FRIGGIN BETTER. 

Our adorable friend Sherilin at Laughing My Abs Off submitted her answers to these very important life-altering and inspirational questions.  And I have very graciously provided an advanced scientific evaluation of her responses. 

You can do the quiz too! Just email your answers to CheesyBloggers@gmail.com !

*****************************************

Question 1: When was the last time you bought something fun and exciting FOR YOURSELF that cost more than 100 bucks?

i can't honestly remember if i ever have. it would have had to have been more than 13 years ago because i've been broke since i got married. ain't love grand?

SCORE: I call this an A.  And it's one of the worst As I've ever seen.  This is terrible and you lose 51 points.  Sorry.  Consider this a wake-up call. 

*****************************************
 
Question 2: When was the last time you had an uninterrupted 30 minute shower or bath voluntarily? As in, not because you had to wash, but because it was warm and it felt nice.

probably a year ago. when i was really sick. and i served no practical purpose in my life, so i might as well soak in that germy rump chowder and enjoy it.

SCORE: I also call this an A.  But it's better than never, and I think when you're sick it's a good time to bathe in your own misery.  Minus 22 points. 


*****************************************

Question 3: When was the last time you got dressed up, went out with friends, and drank and laughed and came home late?

last month. living with my in-laws does have that lovely built-in babysitter perk.

SCORE: I like this! You get a C.  However, it's a minor C because when you move out of your inlaws' place I predict that you'll slip back into a B.  And I'm an expert.  So, you get 61 points. 

 *****************************************

Question 4: When was the last time sex was for YOU?

for who? for me?! i forgot that it was designed to work both ways. i used to be a fun hussy having sex all the time for fun, but infertility wrecked my sex drive and broke my O button.

SCORE:  I'm sorry to hear that.  Infertility is so hard.  But I have hope for you in the future, given that you have a history of being a hussy.  I'll give this an A, but it's not a bad one.  Minus 15 points. 

*****************************************

Question 5: Have you ever taken a few minutes to enrich YOUR life today?

i do get some free time in the evenings every other night when the husband puts the girl to bed. that's when i get to write or watch trashy tv or whatever little goodies i think up for myself.

SCORE: I love this! Amazing way to do it.  Other people should do this too.  C!  You get 114 points!


*****************************************

i'm not very good at following directions, so i didn't do the multiple choice answers. probably i should be fired.

You should NOT be fired.  You did the quiz perfectly.  Bonus 8 points!


*****************************************

Your score is.... 95! 

This is pretty good.  Overall advice:  Aim for more Bs.  Your Cs are awesome but they're inconsistent.  Too many A's are a problem - they mean you are a selfless and considerate person who is not nearly greedy enough.  Giving to everyone else all the friggin time is extremely exhausting, so you have to TAKE sometimes too.  Gimme gimme!

Your first task is to go out and BUY SOMETHING.  Just $50 or $100 bucks.  And it has to be an actual something you can KEEP.  Like a piece of jewelery or a pair of cute shoes. 

I INSIST that you do this and report back. 

Thanks for playing Sherilin!

-Marianna Annadanna