Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's a like a Cosmo quiz, but so much friggin better

If you guys happen to follow me on my personal blog (Maranna Annadanna @SnappySurprise) you might already know that Hubby recently bought a new car... a new car of which I am extremely resentful jealous envious. 

I was supposed to get a new car first!  The shit head beat me to it.  A-hole. 

So in order to deal with my resentment jealousy envy I routinely shit on ignore Hubby's new car purchase.  And I started thinking about why I never treat myself to fun new stuff and then take my selfish misery out on poor Hubby.

YOUR FAULT A-HOLE!

That's what we all do, isn't it?  Many of us women, us wives, us mothers, us caregivers, us humans.  We don't give ourselves enough slack.  We never treat ourselves.  We never let it be ok to just BUY SOMETHING PRETTY once in an effing while. 

We hold ourselves to higher standard than we'd ever hold others and we never let up. 

Have you seen Hyperbole and a Half's recent post?  I love the renderings of her own internal voice kicking the shit out of her.  CLASSIC.  I think my inner voice and her inner voice hang out in the same group of jerks.

Go see Hyperbole and a Half

And even my dear cheesy friend Miss Sarcasm threatened today to spend a shit-ton of money as her hub's punishment for being an dick pickle.  (Well, spending money, and punching him in the throat.) 

You can read this and other genius tweets!

All of this led me thinking about if and when we'll ever ease the eff up on ourselves - if we'll ever let ourselves get away with something JUST FOR THE EFFING FUN OF IT.

So I came up with this quiz.  I'll do the quiz myself and post my answers on Friday,  In the meantime, please answer the questions (because I'm chicken and you have to do it first).  Then email me your responses at CheesyBloggers@gmail.com and I'll post them!

Or just complete the quiz and don't send it.  Whatever.  Wussy.


Ok.  Here goes.   Pick the answer that most applies to your state of mind. 

Question 1:  When was the last time you bought something fun and exciting FOR YOURSELF that cost more than 100 bucks?

A - When I was a teenager working at Blockbuster.
B - When my parents gave me $100 bucks from their latest bingo winnings.
C - Last week, and it wasn't even just alcohol.

Question 2:  When was the last time you had an uninterrupted 30 minute shower or bath voluntarily? As in, not because you had to wash, but because it was warm and it felt nice.

A - Um, what is a shower?
B - The last time my husband/kids left me alone for one goddam day.
C - I do this a lot, it's the only way I CAN GET THE EFF AWAY FROM THEM. 

Question 3:  When was the last time you got dressed up, went out with friends, and drank and laughed and came home late?

A - When I turned drinking age, or at my bachelorette party.
B - At my last birthday.
C - Last week because I finally got a babysitter and managed not to pass out at 8pm.

Question 4: When was the last time sex was for YOU?

A - Not applicable, I don't like sex.
B - Sometime this year I think.
C - It wasn't that long ago and I remember it clearly - i.e., I wasn't even that drunk. 

Question 5: Have you ever taken a few minutes to enrich YOUR life today?

A - Does playing with my kids count?
B - I got a pedicure last month.
C - I rest for a least a few minutes each day.  A few deep breaths, some yoga, the gym, a book, some writing, etc. 

Now go forth and get quizzing!  Send your answers (short or long, funny or serious) to CheesyBloggers@gmail.com ! 

And don't forget to check out this week's Spreadable Cheese too.  Pretty please?