Thursday, March 1, 2012

Forgotten

I was supposed to be in charge of the new theme LAST WEEK.
I was supposed to post this TEN DAYS AGO.

What happened, you ask?
I full-on, totally and completely, utterly and wholly forgot.
I dropped the ball. Or dropped the blog, I should say.

Normally I'm really, really good at juggling a million things without forgetting one.

Not lately.
Maybe it's a symptom of my mid-thirties.
Maybe it's a sign I need to slow down and organize my life. Maybe let some things go on the back burner. Maybe it's a sign of early onset dementia. Oh my dear hypochondria, of course you'd say that....


Whatever the reason, this is not the only time I've forgotten something.

Like, the time I parked at the Post Office, got out of my car, walked to the door and realized, Oh fuck.  THIS isn't the bank.  Why am I here?


Or the time I walked into an important meeting almost 20 minutes late because I simply forgot about it.  And got to do the walk of shame into the room in front of everyone.

Or the time I left the bath water in the tub all night after Wee One's bath...the time I put the milk in the cupboard....the time Facebook  had to remind me of my own mother's birthday....

There are many, many instances of forgetting that I could share but I'm sure I'm forgetting them.

Do YOU have any great stories of forgetfulness?  Share them with us.
Email us at cheesybloggers@gmail.com.  We'd love to feature your post this week.

Unless I forget to check my email/post your piece/forget the theme/forget to breathe and blink.....