Monday, March 5, 2012

Wow. I’m awesome.

Here's an adorable little forgetful post from our very own Marianna. She's a Cheesy Blogger and a Snappy Surpriser. Plus she's my sister from another mister who I'll never forget.


******

Wow. I’m awesome.


I’ve recently realized that I’m friggin awesome.

Actually, it’s more of a sarcastic statement. It really has to do with the fact that I’m becoming more and more ridiculous (ridiculously stupid).

Last week Hubby emailed me to say that my driver’s license was on the dashboard of his truck. What? How in the hell did it get there? Well, it was there because I had to use it at work last week to get into the building because I forgot my security pass. At the end of the day, the security guard gave the license back to me. My husband then picked me up, and I must have had the card in my hand when I got into his truck. I apparently put it on the dash without even noticing. So, once I remembered all that, I replied to Hubby's email: “Wow. I’m awesome” I told him.

And that’s where it began. The awesomeness, I mean. Or, more specifically, the realization that lately, I’m particularly awesome.

Later in the week, I couldn’t find my headphones. I knew I had them in the car on the way home the day before, but there were nowhere to be found. My mp3 player was fine, just minus the headphones. When I got in my car the next morning, they were hanging out of the driver’s side door. They’d been dangling there all night. Again, there was only one logical conclusion I could draw. “I’m awesome”, I said to myself.

On Friday night I decided I would wash my car. Filthy little bugger, it was. I was using hubby’s new pressure washer. Well, I poured some soap into the bucket and decided that it was too much work to get a separate hose to fill it. So, I used the super duper machine to fill the bucket. It was only a matter of seconds before I was covered in soap foam. Awesome.

I’m not sure if it’s an age thing. Or if maybe I’m just as awesome as always, but just noticing it more lately.

Last year, when I accidentally took the bus home (having forgotten that I drove to work), I had the flurry of wedding planning to blame – my mind was so otherwise occupied with planning the greatest day of my life, that it didn’t have time to think about such simplistic and meaningless things as how I got to work (or how I would get home).

But now… what’s my excuse now? I have none. There’s no special reason that I should be such an idiot.

So stay tuned. I’m sure more awesomeness awaits.