Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Who's an Olympian? I am! I am!

I'M SO ADDICTED TO THE OLYMPICS THAT I MAY NEED TO JOIN A 12 TO 27 STEP PROGRAM.  MAYBE 30 STEPS.  I'LL NEED A LOT OF STEPS. 

I was on vacation last week.  And by "on vacation" I mean "on my couch watching the Olympics."  Although sometimes I was outside.  Listening to the Olympics on my outdoor speakers. 

Which is weird, because I'm not at all a fan of sports.  Not playing them, nor observing them.  I like kickboxing, mostly because you get to kick and punch things.  I used to instruct skiing, until I grew up and my parents stopped paying for ski trips.

But other than that, I always faked cramps to avoid basketball, and I felt too inadequate to bother pursuing anything else I was even remotely interested in. 

Like last weekend, for example, when I went to play golf drive a cart and drink beer on a golf course. 

This is me "golfing" (ie, chasing the beer cart)

But when it comes to the Olympics?  HUGE FAN. 

International competition? Check.
Patriotism? Check. 
Variety of events? Check?
Hot swimmer muscles? CHECK and CHECK. 

Since I went back to work today, however, I've been feeling the withdrawals.  Like the meat sweats, but even more pathetic. 

And to make matters worse, my hopes and dreams were crushed by yesterday's devastating Canadian soccer loss to the American women, as well as our adorable flag-bearer's bicycle crash in the triathlon. 

Despite that, though, I still love it.  I love the national pride, and I love watching people adore something so much - even if it is insane.  I like the passion. And the muscly butts.  Passion and butts.  Those are the highlights.  Obviously. 

What do you think of the Olympics? Or sports in general?  Have you got a post about it?  Send it on over to CheesyBloggers@gmail.com and we'll post it here for all to enjoy. 

I also collected some hilarious shit for yout to look it, over at our Spreadable Cheese Page.  You're welcome.